Eggo Fibre Plus Cinnamon Waffles

on

There's something about waffles that just makes me happy.  Especially when your butter, peanut butter or syrup melts into the little grooves.  Slightly salty and crispy on the outside while soft and fluffy on the inside.  There is no way that a waffle from a box could compare to a waffle made from a waffle iron but to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever had a bad waffle. period.   Pancakes though, are another story.
I decided to pick up a box of Eggo Fibre Plus Cinnamon waffles. They were significantly cheaper than the other healthier frozen waffles that were organic or made with flax.  Nutrition stats are not bad at all: 2 waffles (70 g) = 180 calories, 5 g of fat, 31 g of carbohydrates, 10 g of sugar, 4 g of protein and 3 g of fibre
I ate mine topped with one laughing cow cheese wedge, sugar free syrup, and topped with mango and kiwi.  Next time, I think I'll make a waffle-wich with a couple of egg whites. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment