Chobani Greek Yogurt (finally!)

on

As I type this review, I'm craving some greek yogurt.  It's that good.  I know that I'll end up having some form of a tormented love affair with this product because it is so yummy but so so hard to find and very expensive to purchase in Canada.  I had been looking for this product for awhile and my local Whole Foods did not carry it.  Finally, I discovered that Summerhill Market carried it and I burned a mini hole in my wallet because I really wanted to try it. 

Too bad I can't make this a fridge staple.  It is just way too pricey.  But I know I'll be purchasing it every once in awhile as a treat. 

I've been wanting to try greek yogurt for awhile due to the high protein content.  It makes a superb post-workout snack and it's been making the rounds in the healthy blogopshere for awhile now.  How does it compare to regular yogurt? Well for one, it's thicker and creamier and less tangy.  Nutritionally, the 0% fat single serving container (170g) packs 18 grams of protein for just 100 calories.  Yeah, if this was a bit cheaper I'd be able to get rid of my protein powder!

Anyways, let's get back to the taste.  There's just something so velvety, luscious and smooth about Chobani that you don't taste in regular yogurt.  I can't quite put my finger on it but ever since it's been in my fridge I've been eating it every day.  I tried the plain non-fat version which I've been mixing with fruit and cereal and also the single serving honey flavor and pineapple.  I enjoyed both but if I had to choose, I'd have to go with the pineapple. It was like holy healthy-yogurt heaven on earth.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment