PC Blue Menu White Bean and Roasted Garlic Dip

on

I'm not really a dip person but the other day I saw this at the grocery store and thought why not?  So President's Choice (wait, shouldn't it be Prime Minister's Choice?) has developed a line of lower fat, lower sugar, lower in calories and higher in fiber products called PC Blue Menu and in general, I am a fan.  So far, I've been pretty impressed with the number of PC Blue Menu items that I've tried (more review on these to come.)  It's not always an easy task to boost the nutrition while maintaining taste.  So how did this dip stack up?
While it's not as visually appealing as some other dips (think tan coloured sludge) it was pretty tasty.  It basically tasted exactly the way the name sounds.  Pureed white beans with a sharp hint of peppery roasted garlic.  I originally bought this as dip for my brocolli and cauliflower but I find that it actually tastes best when eaten on it's own.  Mmm. bean puree.  Never thought I'd say that.  Anyways, it feels good knowing that this stuff is pretty nutritionally sound.  0 g of saturated/trans fat and 45 calories per 2 tbsp, it would be pretty hard to find a healther dip since most dips contain a much higher fat content.  Next time I eat this, I'll be dipping to my health.

As an aside, President's Choice most popular product is their "Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie."  I think every Canadian knows which cookie I'm speaking off since they haven't changed the packaging on it since I was a kid.  Would the people at PC dare make a Blue Menu version of it?  Somehow I doubt it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment