PB2 (Be still my heart)

on

I love peanut butter.  Actually, let me take that back.  I love the flavor of peanut butter.  It's just that nut butters these days are so laden in calories that it's hard for me to buy a jar in fear that I will eat the entire jar with a spoon.  You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

I was immediately intrigued when PB2 started making the healthy food blog circuit.  PB2 is basically defatted peanut flour where 85% of the fat has been removed.  It's also void of any preservatives.  So far so good.  And it just gets better because it tastes amazing.  You just take the flour and mix it with a bit of water and what you'll get is a thick creamy goo...reminiscent of the real thing minus the fat and calories.  Nutrionally, two tbsp = 53.2 calories (16.8 from fat), 1.7 g of sugar and 6 g of protein.  Pretty good protein content here. 
As you can see from my picture I've pretty much cleaned out two jars of this.  The packaging is kinda funny but it looks like the company has upgraded it to something a little less...err homemade looking.  Behold the new look:

I tried the regular and the chocolate version and both are fabulous.  In fact, I'm planning on stocking up on more of this soon.  It's got appplecheek's fridge staple written all over it.  So, not only have I used this as regular pb to spread on waffles and toast but I've also used it to make chocolate-pb shakes, thai peanut sauce, pb yogurt (yum)... the possibilities are endless.  One of my favourite ways to eat this (other than just mixed with water on a spoon) is to blend 2 tbsp in a food processor with a frozen banana.  I swear, it's better than ice cream!  
I'm getting another pb craving just thinking about it.  Too bad I'm out!  Anyways, I love this stuff if you can't tell.  I just wish I could find it at a grocery store.  Official site is here: http://www.bellplantation.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment