Review: Jentree Whole Foods Gourmet Granola

on


This review is seriously overdue. I’ve been missing out on the blogging action because I’ve been busy planning for my upcoming vacation. In less than two weeks I’ll be sailing aboard Royal Carribbean’s Liberty of the Seas for seven days in the Western Caribbean.   Yep, that's the vessel right there.
Words cannot describe my excitement for this trip! But I have to say that the pre-cruise planning has been quite exhausting. There’s a lot of research that needs to be done (in my opinion) on what to do at each port and what to pack and if you get to know me, well than you'd know that I like to plan every minute detail. Call me a control freak if you will, I won’t take it personally :)


But back to the review.


Awhile back, I contacted Jenny (The Granola Girl) at Jentree Whole Foods to sample their gourmet granola. Jenny was ever so generous to send me some wonderful samples and I dove in right away.


I love granola. I really do. There’s nothing more satisfying than the combo of some fruit, nut, and whole grain oats especially when it’s slightly sweet and salty at the same time. Yum.  And Jenny's granola does not skimp out on the dried fruit, folks.  There were huge pieces of apricot and dried apple amongst the oats.


There’s something really special about Jenny’s granola. Unlike most boxed granolas that you can find at the grocery store or bulk food store, Jenny’s granola was very moist and chewy which I liked. I find that a lot of times, granola is way to dry and crumbly or almost stale. Jenny’s was the exact opposite. In fact, eating it made me realize how much I really do like eating granola. I couldn’t keep my hand out of the bag and it got quite dangerous at one point. Anyways, I think I’ve been eating store bought granola for far too long. I actually thought that granola was supposed to be overly hard and crunchy!

Jenny’s granola comes in five flavors: Cranberry, Raisin, and Honey, Maple Pecan and Date, Apple, Blueberry and Vanilla, Apricot Almond and Agave, and their feature flavour-Double Almond and Cherry. My top two were definitely the Maple Pecan and Date and the Apricot Almond and Agave (mostly because I love anything almond flavoured.) What I really enjoyed about Jenny’s granola is that the flavour in each one really came through.  I'm so used to granola tasting like cinnamon all the time that this was a welcomed change. 

You could definitely tell that each batch was baked slow and made from pure, high quality ingredients. It tasted very different than store bought granola and the gourmet touch is definitely present. You can feel good about eating it too because Jentree Granola is preservative free and made with 100% Canadian rolled oats.



Jenny has some recipes up on her site on how to incorporate granola into your cooking. But I’ve mostly been eating it straight out of the bag as a snack. I’ve also been sprinkling it on my yogurt and pancakes for breakfast. You can order the granola online and I can vouch for the fact that you will not be disappointed. Like I said, this granola is made with a lot of love and you can taste it in each bite. I will definitely be spreading the word on her yummy granola!

0 comments:

Post a Comment